Summerhill Community Ministries is commited to providing quality programs and activities geared towards uplifting Atlanta’s inner city community. Justina Dix, her staff, volunteers, and community members are actively making a difference in their neighborhood through programs including:
- An after school program that provides a safe place for kids to come to during the after school hours so that they are not left alone at home or on the streets to fend for themselves.
- Youth Night, an informal gathering of teens who meet at least twice a month to fellowship with one another and discuss issues that affect their lives.
- Sports leagues that teach kids about teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Family referral and counseling for those struggling with chemical dependencies, spousal abuse, grief and loss or child-rearing difficulties.
- Summer camp and job training program.
What God accomplished through Summerhill:
- Reaching 50 neighborhood kids in after-school programs in 2013. (Almost all after-school students improved their academic and conduct grades last year.)
- Served 65 kids in 7-week 2013 Summer Camp.
- Trained 10 teens through 2013 Summer Job Training program.
- Acquired ownership of ministry facility in 2013.
- Making strides against drug/gang involvement by teens.