When Brian and Delta Kelly founded Common Ground Montgomery, they were seeking to create a safe haven of love and grace among the children of Montgomery, Alabama, with the ultimate goal of transforming the neighborhood from a place to escape into a place of rejuvenation and hope. The ministry focuses on life-on-life training with youth; relationship-based, practical skills programs; and mentoring as they live among the kids they serve.
What God has accomplished through Common Ground Ministry:
- Renovated many homes in the Washington Park neighborhood.
- Served hundreds of kids in Summer Programs.
- Involved nearly 100 interns and hundreds of volunteers in over the years.
- Provided business training for high schoolers.
- Developed Home Ownership course for families.