At Desire Street Ministries, we believe that prayer makes a big difference in the work of transforming impoverished neighborhoods. So we’re offering this site as a way to, together, make a difference in each others’ lives through prayer.
Here are some current prayers requests on our prayer list, many of them from Our Partners. Please join us in praying, and if desired, add your own prayer requests or notes of encouragement. If you have a private prayer request you’d like us to pray for, use our Contact form for secure and private communication.
Sometimes just knowing someone is praying for you makes all the difference!
Abundance of Desire – New Orleans, LA
- Please pray for growth of programming and support for the work Irvin Bell is doing in the community center for the 9th Ward.
- Please also pray specifically for the success of the After-school program, and that the Firebird Café will continue to grow into a place for people in the neighborhood to have healthy and affordable options for food.
PAWKids – Atlanta, GA
- Please pray for continued support and volunteer presence in their programs.
- Please keep LaTonya and her staff in your prayers, with the amount of success they have had in such a short time, their plates have become full with life in and outside of the ministry.
St Roch Community Church – New Orleans, LA
- Please pray for support and encouragement for St Roch CDC, as they are continuing their pursuit of some major impact donors to help them accomplish their vision for the neighborhood. This has been a consistent prayer for St. Roch for years, so please join us in prayer and support for their work.
- Pray for God to establish his church, for people to come to faith in Christ Jesus, for families to be restored and for the community to be transformed.
- Please pray for an increase in volunteers committed to help focus on long-term development.
Summerhill Community Ministries – Atlanta, GA
- Pray for an increased commitment of volunteers for after school activities.
- Pray for Justina’s health; she is beginning to assimilate back into day-to-day operations at Summerhill, and writing and speaking more. (Praise: she is doing much better, but still is being closely monitored by the doctors post surgery.)
- Praise: Justina was interviewed on TBN. (This will be airing in late February; we will provide an update when we know the specific dates!)
Trinity Family Ministries – Mobile, AL
- Pray for an increase of volunteers for their nursery on Sunday mornings, Wednesday Bible club, afterschool program, and Ransom Café.
- Please pray for Trinity Family bringing on new staff members, as they plan to grow the program’s reach and capabilities while still maintaining their continuity.
Common Ground Montgomery – Montgomery, AL
- Pray for God to bring up more young leaders that fight for the lives of young boys in the neighborhood community, the city they love, and the kingdom of God.
- A beloved member of the Montgomery Community and volunteer at Common Ground Montgomery, Porscha Echols was tragically killed. Please keep her family and the community in your prayers as they mourn the loss of this incredible woman. You can read some of her story here.
Mercy Street Dallas – Dallas, TX:
- Pray for them as they are conducting their Capital Campaign (The Field of Dreams).
- Pray for the success of their West Dallas teacher school supply drive.
- Pray for the progress of the life skills training for Mercy Street Alumni.
- Pray for the success of their fundraiser luncheon.
Parker Street Ministries – Lakeland, FL
- Praise: they have started the new year well!
- Pray for the grace to bridge the digital divide in a meaningful way.
Desire Street Ministries
- Join us in thanking God that Desire Street is growing stronger to reach more urban leaders!
- Please give God thanks for our three Legacy Coaches who not only lead thriving ministries, but also find time to coach other leaders seeking to do the same.
- Please pray for our ministry team as they coach and care for our ministry partners and many other urban leaders!
- Please pray for our staff as we have a busy travel schedule this spring.
Thanks so much for praying with us! Your prayers make a huge difference.