Statement of Faith:
At Desire Street Ministries, we believe
- in one God, the creator of all things, who is totally loving and completely holy.
- the Bible is the word of God, the ultimate authority for what we believe and how we live.
- all people are image bearers of God, marred by sin and in need of the Savior.
- salvation is through grace by faith in Jesus Christ, God’s gift.
- the Holy Spirit enables us to live the holy and fruitful lives God intends.
- God has a special place in His heart for the poor and broken. He calls us to love, serve and honor the “least of these.”
Therefore, our core values address life holistically.
- Teamwork – We have different gifts, but we work together in community because we believe in partnerships with Christ as the head. We are collaboratively one body with many parts that need each other. Rom. 12:4-6
- Pursuit of Excellence – We see our job as a calling to ministry therefore we seek to do it in a way that glorifies God, using our talents to achieve quality standards and developing people in their fields. We value sacrificial service, that is, giving more than we receive. Col. 3:23-24
- Stewardship – We will be accountable to God and our Board of Directors, and we will be mutually accountable to each other for our time, talents and treasure. We seek to provide a good return on the investment our donors have made in Desire Street Ministries. Heb. 4:13
- Relationships – We care for and about people, and we will invest the time and energy required to maintain good relationships. Relational ministry with those we serve and with each other is a theme throughout all aspects of Desire Street Ministries. Col. 3:12-14
- Teachability – We seek to grow in humility, keeping an open heart and mind to improvement. We strive to give God the glory for any success, and not be consumed with who gets credit humanly speaking. Is. 50:4-5
- Transformation – We believe in personal, family and community transformation. We want to be agents for change on all three levels, using the power of the Gospel as the basis. 2 Cor. 3:18
- Discipleship – We seek to be disciplined learners and followers of Jesus Christ, maintaining a steadfast commitment to the Lord. Luke 14:33